Wednesday, May 6, 2009

25 Things About Me

1) I hate to argue but I love having the last word.2) Talk is cheap, put up or shut up.3) I am a good negotiater but sometimes if the other party is a horse's fatootsie, a smackdown may be in order.4) I have terminal insomnia.5) When I was little mama said "If dancing wasn't a sin Kip could make a living at it." As Eunice Higgins used to say "Ah coulda been a dansuh!"6) Erik told me once when we were teenagers that I should have been a lawyer because I never forgot anything and would throw it in your face- we were arguing at the time.7) I love you but not your house pets. If I visit you remember that I seriously doubt Precious Pup really really likes me no matter how much he licks and smells me.8) No matter how the previous entries sound I am not a curmudgeon.9) I'm really suuuuuuuuwheet.10) Love to make people laugh even at my own expense. Man, I used to be painfully shy.11) I have never wanted to do anything but become an actor ever since I was a kid.12) My wicked pleasure would be to write a best seller that would be an Oprah's Book Club selection.13) I love the 1940's.14) I would love to play drums in an all black college marching band. Aiight!!!15) I made drastic changes in my life about 10 years ago so I could travel.16) I want to complete that plan and spend most of the year abroad.17) I think about street orphans everyday especially those iin the slums of Nairobi.18) I fantasize about making millions and spending it replacing the garbage heaps there with housing, playgrounds and schools for tens of thousands.19) I cannot and will not accept the excuses and reasons for war when every country has failed to put hungry and orphaned children first.20) I would love to work for Larry and Frances Jones with Feed the Children.21) I love my cousins as if they were brothers and sisters and I know they feel the same.22) I believe that those who have the least give the most.23) I cannot wait to see the meek inherit the earth.23) The thing I remember most about people is their laughter.24) The best laughers I know or knew are/were Bett Powell, Cathy Powell, Sheila Truax and Renee Miller, Edith Norton, Louis Powell, Dan and Mary Truax.25) The Holy Spirit is the most mysterious and beautiful gift I have ever been given. The Presence has been proven and manifested most powerfully in those places and times where all else and all others have failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment