Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Be Still

Have you ever been absorbing a blessing such as a beautiful day, coffee with a friend, or a ride alone through the country, and yet a melancholy feeling swells within? You struggle to reconcile this battle in spirit that belies your simple expectation of joy. I usually agonize, analyze, and obsess until the blessing is forgotten. Granted, there are times when peace just truly passes understanding. At what times I am plagued with arrows of oppression I have found a shield of faith. That is simply stated but profoundly sensed. Then, I may ask the who, what , when, where, and how of the Holy Spirit. Be still.Today, He gave me something I haven't experienced in years. Birds were singing, tussling with each other in the peach tree, and in the flower bed, different sounds as I have heard before, or maybe I had just forgotten. A lady bug and a yellow jacket zig zagged in a near tango, and I actually heard the reverberation of a donkey' s bray over the next hill. Earth sounds, heaven sent.

1 comment: